New Moon in Pisces (February 26th, 2017)

new moon in pisces flow

The upcoming New Moon in Pisces is assembling a powerful space for personal evolution, opening us up to serious growth, understanding, and a tuning-into potent dream work.

We have the help of a few great aspects, one being Pisces’ Planetary ruler Neptune, the dreamer. Plus part of the world will witness a solar eclipse! As a Pisces sun I may be a bit biased, but I’m pretty excited!

Pisces lends us the tools necessary to tap into the deep crevasses of our souls.

The fish are the last sign of the zodiac wheel and therefore contain the wisdom of all the other signs at a subconscious level. This colors the Pisces energy with heightened empathy, sensitivity, compassion, psychic abilities, understanding, and imagination. Pisces is the mystic of the zodiac. At its highest, the Pisces energy wants to use these traits to lead a life focused on soul-level work.

Sometimes this can be too much, and with all the highly sensitive traits, Pisces often wants to check-out, veg-out, and escape human reality.

Make sure you are aware of this magic trick for this New Moon and actively avoid falling prey. Staying present with the Pisces New Moon will open up space to tap into the mission your soul chose this life to explore (and I bet it’s not watching Netflix for 8 hours straight on a Sunday night!).

Holding this presence can sometimes bring up bouts of sadness for the state of the world. The inability to wave a wand and make everything happy and safe can cause Pisces to feel a touch of despair. If you find yourself tripping into this rabbit hole, focus on anything you find beautiful and magical: a walk in nature, time in water, a crystal-cleaning session, or a bouquet of flowers can all do wonders for lifting the melancholy of Pisces energy. Water thrives when it has direction, so give this Pisces energy something to flow towards.

Now that you know what’s in Pisces’ toolbox, how can you use it for personal growth during this inward, introspective New Moon? It’s simple: turn Pisces’ empathy toward yourself.

This New Moon is the last of our current zodiac cycle, so take a brief look at the past year for new direction. Were there times you’d been hard on yourself, which you can now acknowledge without reaction, forgive, and move forth from with new-found gentleness? Were there situations that seemed hard, so you checked out (but deep down you know these areas could use more exploration during the next zodiac cycle)?

Typically, areas that scare us or bring up fear or pain are the rough gems we are given to examine and polish in order to bring massive transformation and shine into our souls. Pisces has the added bonus of thriving off the rush that comes with standing up to its fears (for itself and others around them).

People forget that mutable, easy-going Pisces is quite fierce. When it’s empowered with healthy boundaries, this energy will promote giving up everything to achieve what it believes is right. When Pisces has finally decided to take a stand, there’s no stopping, only forward-moving flow. Often this is directed toward giving up bits of oneself for others and the greater good.

For this New Moon, how can you focus Pisces’ Martyr quality toward yourself and stand up for your own goals and passions?

What have you been secretly wanting to pursue? What is it that lights your soul? Let this New Moon’s energy bring fierce manifesting of these desires into reality, even if it’s just a bit more of conscious and active awareness.

Keep in mind that Pisces doesn’t ask for explanations, facts, or a plan. It simply believes things into reality and lets its inner wisdom guide the way. Pisces says, “let go and let Spirit guide.” Allow details to flow through you during this New Moon and focus on the bigger vision for your future. Since it’s a New Moon, the moon phase that typically wraps up the 29 day lunar cycle, what needs to be recognized and wrapped up from this last cycle in order to move forward with a fresh start?

If you’re unsure and in need of direction, sit with personal questions during the New Moon and let psychic power help you download information from your soul.

Use Neptune as an ally for dream work. Seeking out your birth chart is also helpful here. What house do you have colored by Pisces energy? This area of life will be a potent place to explore spiritually.

Whatever you do this Sunday, keep in mind that it’s a sensitive time. I really can’t overemphasize the openness this New Moon is providing to tap into your personal soul mission. I’m basically begging you to take a good look at life, and use this New Moon to discard non-serving ideals and get excited about following your own true passion!

Ash Sierra

Ash Sierra is the founder of Ritual Botanica, an apothecary and clinical practice in the mountains of Asheville, NC. You’ll find a blend of Western Astrology and Alchemy with a touch of science, tradition and magic in her posts. Follow her along on Instagram@Ritual_Botanica or browse her site & online shop at www.RitualBotanica.com.

22 Comments
  1. Profile photo of EmilySarah
    EmilySarah 3 months ago

So intriguing. I’m coming back to this again…re-reading!

2. Profile photo of Chris
    Chris 3 months ago

I received a pair of opal earrings as a gift. The first time I wore them I discovered that at the end of the day I was feeling a “little off”. Once I took the earrings off I started to feel better. Has anyone else had any issues with opals?

• Profile photo of
      Claudia 1 month ago

No problems with opal. They are my birthstone. I have always loved good opals.

3. Profile photo of Natalie Poulson
    Natalie Poulson 3 months ago

Ash Sierra – I love that you included suggestions for herbs and crystals to work with during this moon. So helpful! More of this please!

4. Profile photo of karyn
    karyn 5 months ago

Our Spirits are saying: “It’s winter! You need to slow down, not speed up! Since you refuse to hear me, I’m gonna make you slow down!” (And then, we get the flu!)

Slow down.

Nest.

Go inward. And enjoy the season.

YES!! Thank you, I needed to read this today. Things for my husband and I are really crazy in the fall, and now that we may slow back down for a few months, I need to remember that it is OK to just nest.

5. Profile photo of Jenna
    Jenna 6 months ago

Remembering Me…. that is so similar to my story. That is exactly what I am trying to do right now. Remembering who I am, and finding her, taking back her knowledge, spirit, power and joy. It feels so goooood, it is like coming home after a very long, and bad trip and finding your very best friend waiting for you by a cozy fire, with a cupcake and a glass of wine! I am so happy that I found myself again before I lost her completely! And I am grateful for being here with all these amazing like-minded women and hearing their stories. It is inspiring me and lifting me up out of the dark place I have been and back into the light. Thank you!

6. Profile photo of Jenna
    Jenna 6 months ago

Wow.. The poem, There Is A Woman, is so beautiful and spoke directly to my soul. I am going to give it a place of honor in my B.O.S. Thank you for sharing it. It made my day!

• Profile photo of karyn
      karyn 5 months ago

I love the idea of adding to my BOS. I’m going to steal that and go back to it often.

7. Profile photo of Jenna
    Jenna 6 months ago

I find myself working on cleaning out everything that I can find that is unnecessary, like I have been loaded down for too long and I just need to lighten the load, lol. I started at Witch Camp last week getting back into the routing of cleansing, and apparently it has carried over across the board! Also, my usual things that I do at this time are preparing the farm for winter, stocking up on feed and supplies for our animals, snugging up our bees, making sure everything is in good order as the weather tends to get rough. And also, preparing all my herbal remedies that will get us (and the animals) through the cold and flu season /winter, and stocking up my apothecary and pantries. It’s not exciting, but I like it because I know I am providing for and taking care of my family.

8. Profile photo of Susan
    Susan 6 months ago

I did not know that when I set out on my journey to wellness that it would involve a deep and painful look at my religion. So many mindsets that needed changing. It has been scary to leave the comfort of the religion that I did love, but now find empty. There have been a lot of tears shed, but now that I am mostly on the other side of the transition I feel peace. And I have been finding the wellness I was searching for.

9. Profile photo of emely_h
    emely_h 6 months ago

For me, it is a morphing spiritual existence. I grew up Catholic and then eventually was born-again at age 14 into a baptist church. It’s been years since I have stepped into a church for the sole purpose of worship. I do not regret my past spiritual journey because it has shaped my beliefs in a different way. These days I tend to be more spiritual, tuned into my intuition, or whatever feels right. I welcome new ideas and perspectives. Life humbles the individual a lot of times, but it is up to us to go inward and find our true path.

Thank you for this food for thought tonight <3

10. Profile photo of Sharon
    Sharon 6 months ago

“Losing Religion, Finding Soul” = me personified (Hugs)

11. Profile photo of Rhiannon
    Rhiannon 6 months ago

Something about the fire cider really brings me into the season 🙂

12. Profile photo of Amy
    Amy 6 months ago

Lovely.

13. Profile photo of
    Janna 6 months ago

Fall has always been my favorite time of year, but this time around I am really experiencing the cycle shifting through my body, understanding it and working with the energy. Thanks for all these tips! I have been loving a new rose-water spritz and am making elederberry syrup as we speak.

• Profile photo of emely_h
      emely_h 6 months ago

Hi Janna,

I have never felt the cycle shift so personally until now! What a wonderful experience to really pay attention and trust the transition.

Em

14. Profile photo of Sarah Branstetter
    Sarah Branstetter 6 months ago

I start my elderberry syrup when my children start school. I slow down and notice the change in the light, the animals/birds and the trees.

15. Profile photo of Sarah Branstetter
    Sarah Branstetter 6 months ago

Thank you! Beautiful!

16. Profile photo of Cheryl
    Cheryl 6 months ago

Beautiful Mary Lou!

17. Profile photo of Regina
    Regina 7 months ago

This poem makes me feel like the woman at the edge of the forest, very magical! Thank you for sharing Mary Lou

18. Profile photo of Kimberly
    Kimberly 7 months ago

Mary Lou this is a lovely poem!! Thanks for sharing it!
    Kim